Website Yonge Street Mission
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Finance System Administrator to effectively manage the Finance computer systems, with respect to maintaining, updating and reconciling transactions on a timely basis. The position is responsible for documenting Finance procedures as they pertain to Pyrus, Planful, and other finance management systems. This position is responsible for training users of these systems and preparing training materials for staff use. This position oversees all the accounts payable process and assist with the year-end audit. The position is a permanent full-time role reporting to the Director of Finance.
- Upkeeping the Pyrus Expense Workflow system and Planful Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assisting in the roll-out of new features of Planful
- Adding and managing users
- Training and supporting users of Planful and Pyrus
- Integrating and reconciling Planful and FE NXT and investigate and correct unreconciled amounts
- Monitoring the flow of accurate accounting information
- Maintaining documentation extracted from the systems
- Documenting financial processing systems
- Overseeing the AP process
- Assisting in Year-end Audit process
- Keeping up to date with current technologies
- Post-secondary education (university degree preferred)
- A degree in accounting or professional certification level 1 or 2
- Excellent understanding and use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical understanding of computer systems and applications
- Familiarity with banking and online payment processes, applications, and systems
- Familiarity with Financial Edge NXT, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Pyrus, Planful, ADP, Bamboo HR, Browser Applications, Saleforce, and Wrike
- Knowledge of creating scripts
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skill and collaboration with team members
The successful applicant will express a clear commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission, and values.
Deadline for Application: September 30, 2022
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: September 8, 2022
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.