Website Yonge Street Mission
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Care Management and Access Specialist, who is a qualified and passionate individual. The Care Management and Access Specialist will be responsible to work closely with children and youth with families that are involved with child protection services. We work holistically and collaboratively with families and all stakeholders to ensure they reach positive outcomes towards family reunification and stability.
Reporting directly to the supervisor of Cornerstone Care Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Key role is facilitating supervised access visits on site on Mondays to Fridays, with hours ranging from 9a.m. to 7p.m.
- Utilize our RISE (Respond, Invite, Support, and Engage) Model of care to provide a full wrap-around system of support through partnerships, collaboration and advocacy
- Working closely with Care Managers and parents to mitigate adverse effects for families who have been involved with the child welfare system, including:
a) Working closely with CAS-T Service Teams
b) Able to manage a caseload of 10-15 families
c) Risk mitigation utilizing action plans
- Efficient utilization of the software tools for documentation and data collection such as:
a) Case notes (platform used is Salesforce)
b) Service deliveries & resource distribution tracking
c) Quarterly Transformation Integrated Measurement Evaluation Systems (T.I.M.E.S.) entries to capture positive moves forward
- Adhere to YMS’s overall goal to end chronic poverty in one generation and committed to fulfilling departmental goals and objectives
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- MSW/BSW, SSW, CYW or equivalent certifications with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Able to work with diverse people groups, within a multi-faith, multicultural, multi-disciplinary and anti-oppressive framework
- Knowledge of Anti-Black Racism (ABR) framework and Trauma informed Care
- Understanding of the legislated role of child welfare agencies in maintaining and ensuring child/youth safety
- Ability to make analytical decisions around care management and supervised access support
- A demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation and families in crisis
- Must have strong conflict resolution and crisis management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to travel around the city to assist with families’ appointments
- Must have strong administrative and computer skills
- A police check will be required/First Aid & CPI training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
- Able to provide flexibility in schedule where required
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Deadline for Application: February 23, 2023 or until position is filled
Starting Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: January 24, 2023
To apply for this job please visit ysm.bamboohr.com.