We have a unique opportunity for someone looking for a ministry position with the passion to be a Christian missionary and mentor in a local community. Since Young Life began in Canada in 1954, its staff and volunteers have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and enter the arena of high school and middle school life. These trained Young Life leaders are committed to friendships with kids – no strings attached. They go where teenagers are and spend time in their world playing road hockey, going to the mall, watching a play or band concert, hiking or skiing. Young Life leaders build bridges of friendship in order to “earn the right to be heard.” We are all about communicating God’s love and the Christian message to kids in terms they can understand. Young Life values and respects all young people, and welcomes all teenagers regardless of race or religious beliefs. Young Life Capernaum in St. Albert, is a ministry for adolescents and young adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). We are seeking to hire a Capernaum coordinator.
We also are looking for someone who can help empower our Capernaum friends to use their gifts to serve in their communities and spaces, and wee are striving hard to not only reach teens with disabilities but find ways for them to be a part of leadership opportunities too.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop the Capernaum ministry in St. Albert, it will directly impact the lives of not just teenagers with disabilities, but those who love them. This Capernaum ministry is unique in that not only do we serve our Capernaum friends, but a number of our buddies are not involved directly with Young Life in high school, giving us an opportunity to reach out to them as well.
● Geography/Area: St. Albert, Alberta
● Proposed Start Date: Position Available Immediately.
● Hours: 20-40
● Salary: $18 – $21 starting wage/pending experience
● Ministry Type: Capernaum (teens with disabilities)
Lead a spiritually healthy environment where people grow in their faith. You will enjoy and develop adult relationships with the community — parents, teachers, committee members — with a strong focus on the families of our Capernaum friends. As well, be a team lead for the Capernaum ministry with club meetings, Campaigners groups, volunteer adult leaders and high school buddies. You will spend time weekly building and growing relationships with special needs students, as well as contact work with our buddies.You will work in areas of leader care, training, events and outreach. You will communicate with parents and organize ministry in a way that serves and cares for families with kids with special needs. You will need to raise personal funds (training provided) and partner when needed with the Capernaum director and committee to raise budgeted revenue. Lastly, join in with special Young Life metro club events toward the inclusion of Capernaum friends and at camp opportunities.
● Dynamic Christian faith and a passion to share Jesus with others
● Experience leading a youth ministry
● Experience working with people who have disabilities
● Ease in creating friendships with an ability to talk with teenagers
● Personal and spiritual maturity
● Professionalism in organizational skills and integrity with finances
● Growing ability to manage a team of volunteers and delegate
● Capacity to develop relationships between Young Life and local churches &
● This position requires Partner Ministry Development where the successful
candidate will be required to help strengthen financial and prayer support.
● Post Secondary Education in Christian Ministry or related fields (education, social
services) is helpful
How To Apply: Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.